- Art Song Central : Art Song Central is principally an archive and directory of free, printable sheet music for singers and voice teachers. An emphasis is placed on standard classical and traditional repertoire.
Thousands of songs are referenced in the Sources directory, all of which are either instantly downloadable as part of a collection or in process of being added to the site. One can either browse the sources, or search the site for a specific song.
More than 250 songs have individual posts which provide additional information about each song, including the range and text of each song and resources like MP3 and MIDI files, when known. You can browse these in the Song Index. (These songs will also show up in site searches.) See Songs and Sources for other ways to browse these posts, including by language or general range.
IPA transcriptions are now available for every German, French, Italian and Latin song in the index. While most of the song posts have not yet been updated to reflect this, the transcriptions can be downloaded from the post announcing the availability of IPA files for the entire collection.
New material is continually being added, and new song posts created. You can show your support for these endeavors by making a donation or purchasing music through one of the affiliate links. You can also become a registered user, which allows you to leave comments at the end of posts, helping to make this an even more valuable site with your input on individual songs and sources.
Finally, please note that many of the free resources offered by Art Song Central are produced from material that is in the Public Domain in the United States, but which may still be in copyright in other countries. Copyright laws vary throughout the world, so please abide by local laws when using this material.
- Brittany Carpenter Photography : I have been in business for over six years. I am an “on location” photographer in beautiful Central Virginia. I specialize in individual and family portraits, including maternity and high school senior portraits. I also photograph weddings and special events, such as reunions and parties.
- Charlottesville Music Teachers Association : The Charlottesville Music Teachers Association, now in its twenty-ninth year, is committed to the support and development of professional music teachers through monthly programs and workshops. In order to stimulate the regular and serious study of music among young people, the CMTA sponsors performance events for students of its members. Contact CMTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Association also has a referral service to help place students in the local community with suitable teachers - email@example.com
The Charlottesville Music Teachers Association is affliated with the Music Teachers National Association and the Virginia Music Teachers Association, among whose aims are the elevation of the standards of music teaching and the protection of its members in professional matters.
- David Weiss Piano Services : Very helpful and educational website for those who are interested in the purchase and care of an acoustic piano.
- Dolmetsch Online Chart of Musical Symbols : A detailed chart of musical symbols that would be found on a musical score.
- Gary's Pianos : I purchased my Kawai from here. I highly recommend them!
- Goodwin's High End - Glossary of Tempo Markings : Abridged glossary of tempo markings.
- International Music Score Library Project : Sharing the world’s public domain music.
- Interval Song Examples Chart : We have made this page to help you find songs that you can use to identify intervals.
A common way to recognize intervals is to associate it with reference songs that you know well. For example, the song Amazing grace begins with a perfect fourth. So when you hear an interval that sounds like the beginning of Amazing grace, you can easily identify it as a perfect fourth.
How to use the EarMaster Interval Song Examples Chart
Select one song for each interval, and press the "Create interval examples chart" button at the bottom of the page to generate a printer-friendly page with your own interval song reference chart.
Each song includes a link to a video example hosted on YouTube, with the sole purpose of providing a musical exerpt to illustrate each interval.
- Italian, French and German Musical Terms : The majority of musical terms are in Italian, but there are also many in both German and French.
The pages in this part of the Music Theory Resources website list many of the common musical terms, together with their abbreviations, english meaning and a few suggestions on usage. Pronunciation is always a difficulty, and we have included some audio files to assist in this area. Some musical terms have a small speaker icon next to them. Just click on this and you will hear the word. At the moment, this only works with Internet Explorer.
- J. W. Pepper : A super resource for ordering music and methods.
- Jubilee Chiropractic : Through specific, neurologically based Chiropractic Care
so you can not only feel better, but function better as well!
- Making Music Fun : Creative Resources for Elementary Music Education--Making Music Fun!
- Mrs. Day's Education Website : An informational and educational website with links to many helpful music sites for students.
- Music and Arts : Local supplier of music supplies and music publications for the Charlottesville community.
- Music Tech Teacher, Music Quizzes, Games : 130+ Elementary and Middle School level quizzes, puzzles and games about music notes, rhythms, instruments, composers, and more.
- Nancy and Randall Faber's Piano Adventures Series : The Piano Series of Choice for DaySong Studio™
- Philip Day Communications : This new communications business offers many services--everything from blogging to copywriting to voiceovers!
- Piano Technician's Guild : The Piano Technicians Guild (PTG), the organization of the Registered Piano Technician, is the world's premier source of expertise in piano service and technology.
- Ricci Adams' Music Theory
- The Gordon Institute for Music Learning : Through extensive research, Professor Gordon has made major contributions in the study of music aptitudes, audiation, music learning theory, tonal and rhythm patterns, and music development in infants and very young children.
- The Ivory Times Blog Piano Adventures Playlists : First Edition Piano Adventures Playlists on YouTube
- The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive : Welcome! The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive is an ever-expanding collection of texts used in 125,198 Lieder and other classical art songs (Kunstlieder, mélodies, canzoni, романсы, canciones, liederen, canções, sånger, laulua, písně, piosenki, etc.) as well as in many choral works and other types of classical vocal pieces.
The archive currently indexes 76,377 texts with 17,247 translations to English, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and others. The website has almost daily updates.
- The Mutopia Project : The Mutopia Project offers sheet music editions of classical music for free download. These are based on editions in the public domain, and include works by Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Mozart, and many others.
- The Rhythm Trainer : The Rhythm Trainer is a free, Flash-based program for learning and practicing rhythm. There are two types of exercises: A Mode, where you click in the rhythm you hear, or B Mode, where you see a rhythm and choose the sound that matches.
- The Voice Teacher : David L. Jones website--an excellent vocal resource!
- The VoiceCare Network
- Wednesday Music Club : The Wednesday Music Club is made up of over one hundred and fifty men and women from the Charlottesville, Virginia area. We are listeners, performers, and music advocates who share a love of music and a desire to support and encourage young musicians in central Virginia.